M&A Roundtable: Insurance Market Discussion with Houlihan Lokey
Jacob Borth and Sumit Agarwal, of Alliant Mergers & Acquisitions, speak with two leaders of Houlihan Lokey’s Transaction Advisory Service “TAS” practice:
- Sean Murphy, Managing Director – Global Head of TAS
- Lance Myers, Director – TAS Industrials Lead
The discussion with Houlihan Lokey is centered around the current M&A market, the routine use of RWI, industry changes over the last 5-10 years, COVID-19, and how these factors have changed due diligence.
Detailed topics including the respective time markers within the podcast are as follows:
1. 2020 M&A market - Time 1:48
2. RWI commonplace in deals – Time 9:31
3. Diligence evolution over the last 5-10 years – Time 15:25
4. RWI evolution over the last 5-10 years – Time 19:15
5. COVID-19 impacts on diligence – Time 24:38
6. COVID-19 impacts on RWI and related exclusions – Time 34:19
Connect with Sean Murphy
Connect with Lance Myers
M&A Roundtable: Securing the Deal - Managing Cyber and IT Risk in M&A
Cyber threats continue to be a heightened area of focus for buyers as well as rep and warranty insurers. It is now more important than ever to have a coordinated approach to Cybersecurity and IT due diligence; insurance due diligence; as well reps and warranties insurance.
M&A Roundtable: Why Cyber and IT Due Diligence Is Critical For Private Equity Firms
With the continuing rise in cybercrime – and ransomware in particular – the Reps and Warranties Insurance (RWI) process can be an intense part of cyber security due diligence.