The ATSI Insurance Program protects you against claims-related errors, omissions, and/or negligence arising from your professional services. This comprehensive call center insurance solution commonly known as errors and omissions liability insurance (E&O) covers defense costs and settlements and provides a valuable layer of additional coverage.
Customized Coverage for Telephone Answering Services
In the teleservices industry, even a small oversight or error can carry disastrous circumstances. When mistakes happen, you can be held responsible for damages incurred by your client, leading to a slew of potentially staggering legal costs. Allow us to offer peace of mind through our coverage.
About the Insurance Carrier - Lloyd’s of London
The ATSI Insurance Plan is underwritten by Lloyd's of London, an A.M. Best, A rated insurer. Lloyd’s of London has a history dating back more than 300 years, and has grown to be the world’s leader for specialty insurance.
Policy Overview and Benefits
Broad Definition of Telephone Answering Services
Covers nearly all activities relevant to a TAS, such as voicemail, paging, call center, dispatching, and internet delivery.
Coverage for Contingent Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage
Covers errors in rendering telephone answering services that result in bodily injury and/or property damage. These types of claims are typically excluded by generic professional liability policies.
Coverage for Cyber Liability Including HIPAA/HITECH Fines and Penalties
Covers fines and penalties related to your employees’ rendering of professional services in violation or breach of the HIPAA/HITECH Act.
About The ATSI Professional Liability (E&O) Insurance Policy:
Available Policy Limits:
- $250,000 per claim / $250,000 annual aggregate
- $500,000 per claim / $500,000 annual aggregate
- $1,000,000 per claim / $1,000,000 annual aggregate
- $2,000,000 per claim / $2,000,000 annual aggregate
(excess limits available on a per case basis)
- $1,000 per claim
Higher deductible options are available for qualified clients upon request and pending underwriter's approval.
- Claims Made
- Professional Liability (E&O)
- Coverage for Contingent Bodily Injury and Property damages resulting from your professional services
Cyber Liability Policy Sub-Limit:
- Up to $1,000,000 max or subject to elected policy limit
Other Policy Benefits:
- Broad definition of professional services including the ability to expand the definition per your specific services that are offered
- HIPAA Fines/Penalties (Reimbursement) – 100k/200k standard
- HIPAA Fines/Penalties (3rd Party) – Full Limits
- Alarm Monitoring Services Coverage – up to $2M Sub-Limit
- Life-Line Monitoring Services Coverage – up to $2M Sub-Limit
- Full limits on contingent BI/PD
- Limit up to $2M, higher options available upon underwriter approval
- Personal injury
- $1M Defense Outside the Limit Option – Available to policies with Limits of $1M
- Worldwide coverage (subject to policy terms and conditions) - as long as the suit is brought in the United States of America and its territories or possessions
*Please note, this is only a partial, general description of the policy benefits and does not constitute a contract. Policy coverage and benefits are subject to the terms, conditions, and exclusions contained in the policy. The policy will govern if any conflict exists between these highlights and the policy. For complete provisions and exclusions, please refer to the policy itself.
Cyber liability, also known as network security and privacy liability, poses a significant risk to every organization. As cyber threats become more frequent and sophisticated, it's crucial to have a specialized professional who can assess and secure appropriate coverage for your business.
In essence, cyber liability insurance protects companies and individuals from claims arising from a breach of their networks or unauthorized dissemination of private information. The policy also covers the costs incurred by the insured entity when discovering a breach, making the "first-party" element extremely valuable. Additionally, most insurance carriers provide a data breach coach or claims team to help manage the various aspects necessary to respond to a breach and comply with regulatory requirements.
Given that organizations collect and store sensitive data of both their employees and customers, this exposure is always present. Therefore, it's essential to take proactive measures to mitigate cyber risks, such as investing in cybersecurity measures and obtaining adequate cyber liability insurance coverage.
Cyber Liability Policy Coverage:
- Data Breach and First Party Costs: Covers defined expenses commonly associated with a data breach. This includes costs associated with data breach counsel, computer forensics analysis, privacy regulations compliance, notification and credit monitoring services for affected individuals, and public relations or crisis management services to restore a company’s reputation.
- Network Security and Privacy Liability: Covers liability of the organization arising out of the failure of network security, including unauthorized access or unauthorized use of corporate systems, a denial of service attack, or transmission of malicious code. Internet media liability Covers infringement of copyright or trademark, invasion of privacy, libel, slander, plagiarism, or negligence arising out of the content on the organization’s website.
- Cyber/Network Extortion: Covers monies and associated expenses arising out of a criminal extortion threat to release sensitive information or gain unauthorized access to a network.
- Business Interruption: Covers lost income or extra expenses in the event that the network is inaccessible for an extended period of time.
- Digital Asset Restoration Costs: Coverage covers costs incurred to replace, restore, or recollect data and/or network resources lost or destroyed resulting from unauthorized access to the system.
- Regulatory Coverage: Provides coverage for regulatory proceedings brought by a government agency alleging the violation of any state, federal, or foreign identity theft or privacy protection legislation.
- Cyber Terrorism Coverage: Covering financial damages an insured is legally liable for arising from an act that is certified by the Secretary of the Treasury to be an act of terrorism pursuant to the federal Terrorism Risk Insurance Act.
- Payment Card Industry Standards Compliance Coverage: Covers damages as well as payment card loss, which the insured is legally obligated to pay resulting from non-compliance with the payment card industry data security standard.
- Social Engineering Fraud: Social engineering fraud, or “fraudulent inducement,” is an emerging risk gaining widespread attention in the marketplace. This exposure is often addressed under a crime of fidelity policy, however, has potential overlap and implications to cyber risk. This coverage provides for indemnification of the loss of monies and securities caused by a fraudulent inducement to transfer funds to a third party purporting to be a customer or vendor.
Stand-Alone Cyber Liability Insurance:
Alliant is pleased to offer a stand-alone cyber liability policy. We have this option for contracts that require higher limits and broader coverage beyond what we can offer inside the program.
To apply for the Alliant Stand-Alone Cyber Insurance Policy, please follow the instructions below.
- Download and Save the PDF Applications Above
- Complete the Application Entirely
- Submit the Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each party should be willing to be responsible for losses and claims to the extent that they are caused by that party’s negligence. We offer the following as a contractual provision that addresses this issue:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Client and Consultant each agree to indemnify the other party and the other party’s officers, directors, partners, employees, and representatives, from and against losses, damages, and judgments arising from claims by third parties, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses recoverable under applicable law, but only to the extent they are found to be caused by a negligent act, error, or omission of the indemnifying party or any of the indemnifying party’s officers, directors, members, partners, agents, employees, or sub consultants in the performance of services under this agreement.
If claims, losses, damages, and judgments are found to be caused by the joint or concurrent negligence of Client and Consultant, they shall be borne by each party in proportion to its negligence.
Thanks for your message.
We’ll be in touch shortly.
ATSI Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions to help you understand the ATSI Insurance Policy.Learn More
Thanks for your message.
We’ll be in touch shortly.